Infinity Kappa Polydome Repair:
Subject: Repair of Infinity Kappa Polydome midrange units found in Infinity 6, 7, 8 and 9 Kappas
Our restoration is the finest in the world. Please see our reviews on Audiokarma. Your existing voice-coil is reused, so certain precautions need to be exercised.
KINDLY READ EVERYTHING BELOW PRIOR TO REMOVING YOUR POLYDOMES:
- NOTE: The voice coil will be reused. As such, it is imperative you handle the unit with great care during removal and packing.
- NEVER ATTEMPT TO UNSOLDER WIRES as the terminal tabs are not securely fastened to the driver. Such attempts most-always result in damage to the irreplaceable flex-leads. INSTEAD, please refer to graphic at right (or below if you're on a smartphone) and mark or label the PLUS (+) wire at a point 3 inches from the unit, and then cut the wires at 2 inches from the unit. Be sure to mark the (+) wire BEFORE cutting.
- SUGGESTION: Purchase a single 4” PVC-DWV coupling (see graphic at right, or below if you're on a smartphone) at any Home Improvement Center, (roughly $2.40):
Home Depot, SKU # 189049 VIEW HERE (new window opens)
Lowe's, Item #: 23284 VIEW HERE (new window opens)
- Protect the green, felt air filter behind each polydome with either a Post-It or plain paper, (to prevent tape from adhering to the filter), and then..
- BEING VERY CAREFUL WITH THE EXISTING DOME MATERIAL, tape one polydome to each end of the PVC coupling.
- Pack in an 8x8x8” (or close-sized) carton. Tightly crushed paper is the preferred filler material. Small bubble wrap or foam could also be employed.
- IMPORTANT: When shipping, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME, TELEPHONE NUMBER and DETAILED RETURN-ADDRESS INFORMATION.
1422 Taylor Rd
Lansdale, PA 19446-1531
Preparing for shipment..